[kde-linux] KDE4--Plasma vs Konqueror Desktop

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue May 13 15:15:56 UTC 2008

The latest  4.072 is working fine. I am using it every day though others in
the house I keep on kde3.5.6.

Aside from a few bugs, plasma works fine but certain functionality that was in
the old konqueror-based desktop are (still) missing:

1. Rightclick--create new, et al.
2. Rightclick--servicemenu functions of konqueror/dolphin
3. Rightclick--refresh screen (to do so now, I have to go into desktop
settings and simply apply or ... wait until something else causes a refresh).

4. Device-icons, i.e. disk partitions do not show their mounted/unmounted
icons but get the default (gear) icon.

I think the old functionality needs be returned in 4.1.