[kde-linux] Kicker, Konqueror in strike

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu May 1 12:02:19 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Sorin Schwimmer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When I start my computer, everything loads fine, KDE 3.5.8 included, and
> Kicker shows up. As soon as I click on something on Kicker, it disappears.
> I can still restart X with a CTRL-ALT-BS, then login, and am back to
> "normal". If I'm starting a Konsole first (using Alt+F1 and arrows to
> navigate), I get it on the screen. Now I can make Kicker disappear again,
> and try to launch it from the command line. This is what I get:
>
> # kicker
> it shows up. I move the mouse over it, no click, then:
> # kicker: crashHandler called
> KCrash: Application 'kicker' crashing...
> and shows up again. I move the mouse over it again, and it goes for good.
> #
>
> And here is what I get if I try Konqueror:
> # konqueror
> (shows up a moment)
> KCrash: Application 'konqueror' crashing...
>
> SeaMonkey, on the other hand, is fine (that's what I'm using right now).

[...]

> Where should I start?

Can you try with a new user account?
I.e. to see if it is caused by a config change or file permission setting of
the user account you are using right now.

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S.: it would be great if you could subscribe to the list, right now I have
to approve every single mail from you. Thanks!

KDE user support, developer mentoring