[kde-linux] 'End Session' problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:22:40 UTC 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 10:19:41 M K wrote:
> I really don't like to roll up this discussion again, but it seems like
> "splash=verbose" in grub.conf doesn't fix the logoff problem completely.
> One of my colleagues told that despite of "verbose" he had this problem at
> least one time (after logout, black screen with mouse pointer, forever) -
> and yesterday, I had it again, too.
>
> Seems like there is more than "splash=verbose" :-( Can there be any more
> reasons? (At least, X can now be restarted with 'init 3; init 5' and not a
> reboot).

Do you have any remote shares mounted?  I thought that I was getting the
problem again, but I found that there is a long (20-30 seconds?) delay on a
black screen, then shutdown continues.  I'm not certain, but I believe this
relates to the shares I mount in fstab.  I suspect that shutdown is waiting
for something to either shut down or signal that it's no longer busy.

Of course your case might be something completely different :-)