[kde-linux] Cannot access certain site

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Mar 29 10:46:48 UTC 2008

On 2008/03/29 06:18 (GMT-0400) david apparently typed:

> Kevin Krammer wrote:

>> Usually because they send special versions to browsers they know and crap to
>> anyone else, instead of sending standard compliant output to everyone and
>> have exceptions for prolematic browsers such as IE:

> Most web dev folk I've encountered go the other way - they send out
> standard compliant output to everyone and tweak only as needed for IE.

I think you forget who the web dev folk you typically encounter are - the
enlightened. There are still the unenlightened, who test only for IE and
Netscape, sending them proprietary tag soup, and sending everything else to a
"you need to upgrade your browser" page. :-)
--
"Let us not love with words or in talk only.
Let us love by what we do." 1 John 3:18 NLV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409