[kde-linux] restoring from backup in Konqueror (and Firefox on KDE)

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sat Mar 29 10:36:29 UTC 2008

On 2008/03/28 23:56 (GMT-1000) david apparently typed:

> Silly Linux distros - can't even agree on whether the very first
> non-root numeric UID should be 500 or 1000! ;-)

I solved that problem years ago. I don't let any Linux installer or GUI tool
create any non root users.

# groupadd -g xxxx
# useradd -g xxxx -u yyyy username

There's more initial work involved in *buntu, but still doable.
--
"Let us not love with words or in talk only.
Let us love by what we do." 1 John 3:18 NLV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409