[kde-linux] Cannot access certain site

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:42:29 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 26 March 2008 15:23:52 Sorin Schwimmer wrote:
> Thank you Dale, thank you Anne. At least I know where
> I stand.
>
> If this is a Konqueror bug, then it must be a recently
> introduced one, as with an older version I had no such
> problems. Now, what means "older version"... I can't
> tell, haven't paid attention.

If it worked before it's unlikely to be a konqueror bug.  I'm sorry, but there
are so many variables.  You've no way of knowing whether any change has been
made to the site since then.  In this case, though, I don't believe it is a
konqueror bug.

I agree that it works in firefox but when trying to access it in konqueror you
get

An error occurred while loading
https://www.txn.banking.pcfinancial.ca/a/authentication/preSignOn.ams?referid=loginBox_banking_go:
Could not connect to host www.txn.banking.pcfinancial.ca.

I could be wrong, but that looks to me as though it is being blocked at the
bank's end.  Perhaps someone with web design experience might like to look at
the page source and see why this is happening.  Certainly the bank needs to
be told about this, but you need specific information about what is happening
and why if you want anything done about it.  Don't despair, though.  I did
once get something fixed on my banking line when it would not display
properly in Mozilla.