[kde-linux] Can't Scale Scanned Image w/Kooka v0.44

Dave Childs wireaddict at operamail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:37:32 UTC 2008

I am a fairly new Linux/KDE user; I just installed Xandrox v4.1 in
this computer which has a HP ScanJet C5110A scanner.  The scanner
driver/utility program is Kooka 0.44 with KDE v3.4.2 which were
apparently bundled in the Xandros OS.

Anyway, my problem is that letter-size scanned images (gray-scale & JPEG
format, FWIW) look OK with the preview & final scan thumbnails but when
they are printed, either here or by an e-mail recipient (who uses Windows
XP), the image sent out to the printers is so big that it requires 6
sheets to show it!  I can't find any way to adjust the Output image
size/scale.  Also, I can't find a help forum or bug report on this
issue.  If you would be so kind as to help me resolve this
problem I'd appreciate it immensely.  Thanks in advance.

Dave