[kde-linux] Using ctrl-alt-F# keys crashes KDE and X.

Phillip Pi ant at zimage.com
Mon Mar 10 03:11:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am having a crash problem with my KDE v3.5.8 (not even sure if it is
KDE's fault) crashing X to console (I use startx command when booting up
Debian). Anyways, I think I had this problem for months and maybe a
year, but finally figured out the pattern to reproduce it.

Basically in KDE, I go to virtual desktop 2, 3, or 4 (I have four set
up). If I press ctrl-alt-F1 (or any other console screens) keys to go
back to console/text mode, then KDE and X crash. I can reproduce this
easily. If I am in virtual desktop #1, then no crash.

I have two logs from X: http://pastebin.ca/936064 and I hope these help!
Any ideas on what's the problem and how to fix it? Thank you in advance.
:)
--
"I've been on some fairways that are as good as the greens we putted on
back then. We had crab grass. I remember one green where I putted
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi at earthlink.net or ant at zimage.com
    ( )