[kde-linux] Opinion: KDE4 is very great, but does not deserve the version number

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Thu Mar 6 19:10:51 UTC 2008

Hi Anne,

On Thursday 06 March 2008 15:43, Anne Wilson inscribed thus:
> On Thursday 06 March 2008 15:25:25 Randy Kramer wrote:
> > >
> > > As you have indicated in your 'ramblings' :-) there is no
> > > perfect answer.
> > >
> > > I will point out that I did post on this list a link to a video
> > > of the
> >
> > launch
> >
> > > key-note speech, from which a clear idea cold be formed of
> > > where things stand.  I was told by a couple of readers that
> > > they couldn't be bothered -
> >
> > it
> >
> > > was too long.
> > >
> > > You can't win 'em all :-)
> >
> > Anne,
> >
> > Thanks for the response!
> >
> > Nope, you can't win them all.
> >
> > Videos are not really something I try to view using my dial-up
> > connection. Maybe when I get broadband.
>
> That I can understand :-)
>
> Anne

I did view the links to the videos you posted, thankyou, and quite
enjoyed them.  I formed some opinions, which I will keep to myself
for the time being.  However what was/is said/proposed and what
actually gets out of the door are two very different things.  I
reserve judgement for the time being.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.