[kde-linux] Multiple distros, same /home?

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Mon Jun 9 13:21:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

I plan to install Kubuntu as a test in my machine and use it for some
time as dual boot with my current instalation which is Mandriva

Old:KDE 3.5.6, Mandriva 2007.1
New:KDE 3.5.9, Kubuntu 8.04
(I don't use kmail, kwallet, KOrganizer...)

Can I use the same /home/user/.kde and keep switching back and forth? it
would most convinient, as I expect to take some time to install
everything that I need in the new distro...

Or would you recommend a little patience and Make a fresh start with
*KDE4*?

Thanks for any advice,
Alain