[kde-linux] kdebase-runtime 4.1 compilation minor issue

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:21:07 UTC 2008

i think that your problem i gcc 4.3.1. i've had some issues with trunk kde4
and gcc 4.3.x series so that i switched back to old gcc 4.2.3 and the errors
i've got with 4.3.1 seem to have gone away. i think that there are some
issues in the kde and lot of other stuff that doesn't comply to the abi to
which gcc complies, now it is more abi compliant than the 4.2.x serie for
what i've read by removing some controls but in that way some stuff that was
rellying on that controls has broken. maybe this is some similar issue, but
this would require the kde team to confirm this. this is my idea and is
based only on an ethereal proof that one stuff didn't compile with 4.3.1 but
compiled with 4.2.3 (i don't remember which part of kde was, but i remember
to be something belonging to strigi). so, if i were you and i'd still have
the 4.2.3 installed i'd switch to it with gcc-config and then try again to
compile the failing package and its dependencies.

2008/7/30 Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com>

> Linux 2.6.26
> gcc 4.3.1
> KDE 4.1
>
>        Now the problem is with kdebase-runtime
>
> [ 64%] Building CXX object
> phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/kdepluginfactory.o
> /home/fraga/src/kdebase-runtime-4.1.0/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
> In member function 'virtual QList<int>
> Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::objectDescriptionIndexes(Phonon::ObjectDescriptionType)
> const':
> /home/fraga/src/kdebase-runtime-4.1.0/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:274:
> error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
> /home/fraga/src/kdebase-runtime-4.1.0/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:
> In member function 'virtual QHash<QByteArray, QVariant>
> Phonon::KdePlatformPlugin::objectDescriptionProperties(Phonon::ObjectDescriptionType,
> int) const':
> /home/fraga/src/kdebase-runtime-4.1.0/phonon/platform_kde/kdepluginfactory.cpp:286:
> error: 'AudioCaptureDeviceType' was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/kdepluginfactory.o]
> Error 1
> make[1]: *** [phonon/platform_kde/CMakeFiles/kde.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
>        Any hint? Thank you.
>
> --
> Linux 2.6.26: Rotary Wombat