[kde-linux] kde 4.1 system tray problems

pkaplan1 at comcast.net pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 14:39:19 UTC 2008

I'm running 3.5.9 and 4.1rc on kubuntu 8.04.

If I run 4.1 on a second X session while 3.5.9 is running (both as the same user), applications like knetload, guidance-power-manager, and smb4k run in the system tray.  However, if I launch 4.1 without a concurrently running 3.5.9 session, these three applications do not appear in the system tray even though a process table shows that all three apps are running.

Other apps like kget, kmix, and amarok run appear in the 4.1 tray whether or not 3.5.9 is running.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix?

Paul