[kde-linux] reconfigure graphics/video

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:55:01 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 23:27:00 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> I have set up a new installation of Debian Etch running KDE on one monitor,
> and it will be run with another.  Kcontrol has a good choice of
> resolutions, but only one refresh rate.  If that is the right refresh rate,
> great.  If not, how do I reconfigure?

Caveat - I'm not a hardware guru.  Now - modern monitors report to the system
what their requirements are.  If your monitor does that the system should
pick up the range of resolutions it can use and the best refresh rate.  The
resolution is a matter of choice, but changing the resolution can be
dangerous to the monitor.  HTH