[kde-linux] Undelete in Konqueror

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:15:36 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 10:43:44 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Is there any way to undelete in Konqueror?

If you are using kde3 you will have a Trash icon on your desktop.  Open it,
select the file/folder and right-click to get Restore.  Like its Windows
counterpart it marks files for deletion, but doesn't actually delete.

Of course if you used shift-delete, then you will not be able to get them
back.

I'm still working out how kde4 handles trash, but it is stored in
~/.local/share/Trash, so I assume that splitting the window would allow you
to simply drag things back to where they came from.