[kde-linux] Dolphin vs. Konqueror

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:17:30 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008 01:11:54 G. A. Gallup wrote:
>     Kubuntu's installer had Dolphin 1.0.2 of KDE 4.03 available also.
> I installed it. and it does have a navigation panel showing a tree
> structure.  Although it has applications assigned to many file types,
> it's got postscript files wrong, attempting to open them with Open
> Office.

This is easily fixed, but I need to know whether you are using KDE 3.x or 4.x.

> I think I will abandon Dolphin for now.

Better to fix things.

>     KDE's new single-click feature is also a pain.

This is not a new feature, it is the old, unix way.  Presumably kubuntu has
set it as default, as it used to be.  These days most distros set
double-click as default.  It's easily changed, but again, I need to know
which version you are using.

>     I haven't figure
> out how to high-light a file with the mouse rather than open it.

Right-click, which will open a context menu if you are in KDE 3.