[kde-linux] Users guide to KDE?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 4 14:17:54 UTC 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 15:00:05 Ploscariu Simion wrote:
> We the comunnity should make an unoffcial documentation, FAQs and HOWTOs,
> in a wiki. If someone knows a place and can start this unoficial
> documentation i will join. When i was new to Ubuntu I was using a nice wiki
> with howtos that had many answers to my questions(how to install flash,
> java mysql etc, it will e nice to make something like that)Why i do not to
> contribute to an official documentation:1 i do not have the time and i am
> contributing to other projects, but writing the answers that i find them
> googling in one place it would be a good ideea(maybe one answer a week)2 my
> englis is not good so i can never write documentaton

I was one of the founder members of the original Mandrake user wiki.  It
worked very well for quite a while, but it does get out of hand.  There's no
mechanism for ensuring that things are kept up to date.  What I'd like to
see, and what I'm trying to get, is an 'unofficial' place for the sort of
thing you are proposing, with a few volunteers taking the info from there and
styling it sufficiently to be passed to official kde pages.

People like you manage to communicate your ideas very well without perfect
English (I'm always amazed how well).  For you, the whole process may be
daunting, but this two-stage process could, I think, be very productive.

If I manage to get any further with this I'll announce it on this list, and
anyone interested in joining the project can then get in touch with me
off-list.