[kde-linux] Users guide to KDE?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 21:22:15 UTC 2008

On Thursday 03 July 2008 21:34:21 Kevin M Coonan MD wrote:

<a great deal snipped, most of it interesting>

With regard to the final comment, please accept that 'refusal to' and 'regret
the impossibility of' are not the same thing.  As for html mail, I sincerely
hope that if the new client allows it, it will also allow me to turn it off.

Personal issues apart, there is an acceptance that end-user documentation is
lacking.  There's actually a good deal of info about, but much of it is
written by devs and appears to be in a foreign language, because it is
technical.  There's an attempt to start some end-user stuff.  The first batch
should be ready in a week or so, but it will only be a web page or two.
There's a lot of work goes into even a single page, if it is to be clear,
authoritative and non-technical.

I believe that further articles could address some of your requirements.  I'll
see that those concerned with writing the guides get a list.  No promises,
but keep your fingers crossed.  It's not that the devs don't hear you, it's
just that you are asking them to speak a different language.  They need help.