[kde-linux] Installing KDE4 on Sid

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Tue Jan 29 19:50:40 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

On Monday 28 January 2008 20:31, Anne Wilson inscribed thus:
> On Monday 28 January 2008 19:34:29 david wrote:
> > Gaffer. wrote:
> > > On Monday 28 January 2008 07:15, david inscribed thus:

> > > I'm starting to see why SuSE is pushing Gnome!!
> >
> > I can't stand Gnome (the environment). It should either be
> > expanded into a real desktop environment, or junked....

To be honest I don't like Gnome either, but there are so many issues
cropping up at the moment, in particular the sudden refusal by Kmail
to send any mail at all following automatic updates.

It is not affecting all my clients, only a few.  Unfortunately I have
not been able to pin down any particular cause yet.

> If you have the patience to watch a long video, you can see what
> it's really about.
>
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6642148224800885420&hl=en

Yes I will have a look at the Vid, thanks for the link.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.