[kde-linux] Installing KDE4 on Sid

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Jan 28 16:27:37 UTC 2008

> > OK. How do I get kde4 to come up?
>
> you should have a kde4 specific startkde file somewhere (mine
> is: /usr/lib/kde4/bin/startkde) which has to be executed upon X startup.

I have such a file on /usr/bin (for kde4) and in the kde3.5 as well. However,
I find nothing explicitly calling this. (The knotify which had been crashing
over and over is citing it, apparently.)

There is nothing in kde3.5 that I can find calling such a file either!

Where do I look?

(I had run such a file from a non-WM console window, i.e. the "failsafe"
xseccion when my 3.5 kdm was somehow corrupted.)