[kde-linux] Possibility of problems when copying files over?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:18:27 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 Jan 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Yes, it will.
> However, I'd recommend you start the first trial by only
> renaming/moving .kde/share/config, thus leaving appication data such as
> bookmarks and addressbook in .kde/share/apps intact.

Well I tried it.  One problem that I was keen to fix was that when I try to
end a session it freezes on a blank screen.  Similarly, if I select shut-down
and hit Esc to see the messages, I get a blank screen, and it freezes.
Unfortunately this is still happening.  I might as well put the old files
back, I think.

It's fairly typical that this happened because I have too many things going on
at once :-(