[kde-linux] State of Konqueror: my 2 cents

Stuart Norman cyrwyn at wildblue.net
Fri Jan 18 16:27:59 UTC 2008

I've loved Konq ever since it was introduced and I think it is the best
application ever created for any OS ever. Period. I keep it running all the
time. It's the ultimate file manager/browser. And I operate from a file or
document centric approach wherein the computer is just a database/server - I
don't want to see apps, I want to see functionality. I love extreme
configurability and dream of a system where there's no standard desktop look
and feel - it's all left up to the user. But I understand why so many people
might find it confusing because of the way they interact with a computer,
especially if they recently came from the Windows/corporate world. It saddens
me that it might not be developed anymore. I'm sure that some of its minor
problems can be fixed and new features added and made more intuitive. It
suffers from the main problem of *NIX systems: configurability and
flexibility, leading to incredible power. This should be a problem? I'll take
more like it.

--
This message has traveled almost the distance to the moon!

Stuart Norman
cyrwyn at wildblue.net
Registered Linux user 239714
Censorship is the ultimate obscenity.