[kde-linux] Can't install "kate-kde4" on Ubuntu 7.10?

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 15 23:10:21 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 01:22:43 pm Convey Christian J NPRI wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I followed these directions for installing KDE4 on my Ubuntu 7.10 box:
>    http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.php
>
> But when I then try to install kate-kde4, I get problems with broken
> packages.  Is it just me, or is there a problem with the packages?  Here's
> what I get for errors.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian

See the announcement at:

http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.php

Maybe what would resolve the problem for you would be to firs follow the
instructions on this point:

"Remove previous KDE 4 packages, they are not compatible (apt-get remove
kdelibs5 kde4base-data kde4libs-data)"

I managed to install the KDE4 version of Kate with no problems on my Kubuntu
setup. So, it should work.