[kde-linux] Problems with user account Trash

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Jan 14 18:42:40 UTC 2008

I have a reoccurring problem with "Trash".  I right click on the DeskTop
icons and select "Empty Trash Can" and the icon doesn't change.  So, I
try it again and I get a strange error message.

I have found the problem, there are files in: $HOME/.local/share/Trash
which are not owned by the user account that $HOME belongs to.

If I open a Konsole and:

chown -R <user>:<user> $HOME/.local/share/Trash*

and then try to empty the trash again, it works.

Anybody else have this issue?

Is this a configuration issue?  or should I report it as a bug?

--
JRT