[kde-linux] Konqueror IconSize

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jan 1 06:04:11 UTC 2008

Hellmut Weber wrote:
> Hi list,
> when I put a file .directory in a directory with content:
>    [URL properties]
>    IconSize=0
> then konqueror shows me the contents of this directory with nice tiny icons.
>
> I would like to have this setting globally for all directories.
> Where can I configure that?

In Konqueror there is a menu setting:

	Settings -> Save View Changes per Folder

When you have this unchecked, any changes you make should change the
defaults.  However, this will not effect a directory that has a
".directory" file with a different setting in it -- if you want a
directory to go back to the defaults, you need to delete the
".directory" file.

Now with some settings, such as the icon size there is a default --
"IconSize=0" means to use the default.  The default icon size is set in
the Control Center:

	Appearance & Themes -> Icons :: Advanced

Choose "Desktop/File Manager and select the "Size".

--
JRT