[kde-linux] k3b won't verify data

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Feb 18 09:36:51 UTC 2008

Dale wrote:

> My observations:  1:  K3b is not telling the drive to pull back in so it
> can verify the data.  I assume it tells hal to leave the drive alone
> while it is using the drive, lock file maybe??.  2:  I also noticed that
> when I push it back in manually, hal or something, is picking the drive
> up not once but twice.  I get *two* KDE pop-ups on what to do with the
> new media.  It didn't used to do that when verify was working.
>
> It just seems to me that K3b is not doing it's part to pull the tray
> back in but it could be hal trying to take over the drive too.  Sort of
> seems to me that K3b is starting the problem but I'm no programmer.

My CD drive has no ability to pull the tray back in whatsoever, so I
don't think that's pertinent.

I did notice this oddity. When K3B *burned* the CD, it reported that it
was burning track 1. After ejecting the CD and trying to verify, the K3B
log reported that it was verifying *track 0* ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community