[kde-linux] k3b won't verify data

Dale dalek1967 at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 17 13:59:49 UTC 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 17 February 2008 13:12:34 Dale wrote:
>
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, have you tested it on both CD and DVD?
>>>

>> I don't have a DVD drive yet.  I plan to get one soon tho.  I just got
>> to dig around on newegg and find one worth having and that I can afford.
>>
>> Maybe put that on next months todo list?  I'm disabled so I plan month
>> to month on this sort of thing.
>>

> Excellent.  Let us know what happens when you get the new drive.  If nothing
> else has changed meanwhile but the problem disappears, it would tend to
> support the theory that it is hardware-related.  Conversely, if the problem
> doesn't disappear, then we are back to suspecting software, possibly hal.
>
> Anne

I did this test based on your concerns.  I stopped the hal service and
that also stopped ivman as well.  I then went to K3b and burned a CD
with it set to verify the data.  It burned fine, even erased the CD
beforehand, but it did not verify the data.  It ejected the CD and then
sat there.

I don't think based on this that hal is the problem.  It did the same
with hal stopped as it did when it was running.  Seems like K3b needs a
little kick.  ;-)

What you think??

Dale

:-)  :-)