[kde-linux] Phonon + non-native KDE apps

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 21:49:29 UTC 2008

2008/12/11 Tanja Petri <mail at tanjapetri.de>:
> On Thursday 11 December 2008 21:04:54 Kevin Krammer wrote:
>
>> Maybe Phonon is configured to use a different backend, GStreamer perhaps,
>> and that one's config is not suitable for your audio mixing setup (Pluse
>> Audio, ALSA mixing, hardware mixing, etc)

this italian howto is pretty good. there are around various language
addons for firefox
(i use foxlingo) that translate from one language to another. anyway,
the commands
are pretty exaustive on what to do even without a translator. in
short: install the
needed packages, add your user to pulseaudio group (nomeutente = username),
set the configure options (or use the ones indicated on the xine-lib
page), install the
personal pulseaudio compiled xine-lib , but these steps should already
be ok (you
should have already done them by now), then set pulseaudio as your sound device
in phonon.
sorry for not having remembered this earlier, but i was at work, where
i need to use
windows by policy and so i haven't been able to look at my personal settings.

--
dott. ing. beso