[kde-linux] Plasma Applets

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Dec 6 18:02:47 UTC 2008

On Saturday 06 December 2008, David Baron wrote:
> On Friday 05 December 2008 13:00:13 kde-linux-request at kde.org wrote:
> > Make sure non of the worker threads paints to widgets or pixmaps, only
> > the main loop thread.
>
> Worker threads are not, but a  QTimer is being used to blink/alternate
> images. This is a thread, I suppose. Alternative?

No, a QTimer is not a separate thread but rather a kind of event source for
the current thread's event loop (or rather the event loop of the thread which
constructed the timer object, i.e. usually the main thread).

Seems this is not the cause of the errors you are seeing.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring