[kde-linux] Missing folder

Juan Pablo Romero Méndez jpablo.romero at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 22:15:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

Something very strange happpened to me. I had an "icon view" in the
desktop (kde 4.1). For some reason I decided to get rid of it by
clicking in the "X" icon of the view (bottom right), thinking it would
only remove the icon from the desktop, but no, also the real folder
disappeared!

My X server crashed, I think at the same time the icon view was
shinking (but I'm not 100% sure of the sequence of events, as I was
not paying much attention). In any case it seems strange that X
crashing would cause a folder to be deleted.

Does someone know if by any chance there is some hope of recovering
such folder?  Where should I begin to search?

I think I've lost a week of work, perhaps more.

Thanks in advance,

  Juan Pablo