[kde-linux] Problem logging in as non-root user [SOLVED]

Bob McGowan bob_mcgowan at symantec.com
Tue Aug 12 16:02:11 UTC 2008

Neeraj Vaidya wrote:
> Hello Anne,
>
> In addition to my reply below , I would like to know if this
> problem has been reported on any other distribution ?
>
> Thanks,
> Neeraj

<--deleted on purpose-->

> The distro I am using has been created by me referencing LFS/BLFS books.

<--deleted on purpose-->

>  > SOLVED....This thread may be closed.
>  > Here is how :
>  > Created a symlink to the libs in /usr/X11R6/lib from /usr/lib

<--deleted on purpose-->

Since this is your own, home baked "distro", it's not likely this
problem will be found in other distros.

I have no idea what the LFS/BLFS books say about this, but on Debian
(which should be pretty close to what the books say) there's a file in
/etc called 'ld.so.conf' which defines the "system" libraries that will
be searched by 'ld.so' to resolve library calls.  The content on my
system includes /lib, /usr/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib.

Changes to the content of the file require running the 'ldconfig'
command to scan the defined library directories and setup the
ld.so.cache file.

--
Bob McGowan