[kde-linux] Plasma Desktop Icon Behavior

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Aug 7 15:14:16 UTC 2008

Drag a folder to the desktop. Get a choice between the super-karamba like
folder view or an icon. I chose icon. This desktop item exists only in the
plasma-appletrc. In most cases, I cannot edit any of its properties, though
they are presented for edit.

Drag a pre-existing desktop file to the desktop. I had a lot of those that did
not show the chosen icon but otherwise worked 100%. Why? For whatever reason,
they did not have the .desktop extension. He-he.

The "unmounted icon" does not work but is presented as an editable property.

Renaming changes the file name, not the displayed name. This to me is a bug. I
can edit the display name manually. (If there is no Name=displayedname, then
the file name it shown.)

Now I (almost) have my old desktop back.