[kde-linux] How to add applications to panel

SeaJey seajey.serg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 18:11:57 UTC 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008 21:57:20 David Jarvie wrote:

> > > As far as I can see, that only allows specific applets to be added, not
> > > applications in general.
> >
> > yes, that's for plasmoids, right.
> > for 'normal' apps like kword, e.g., not possible IMHO - I use folderview
> > for those.
>
> I never use the desktop, only the panel, because normally my desktops are
> completely covered with app windows. So unfortunately for me that's a real
> step backwards in usability from KDE3.

There is QuickLauncher Applet on kde-look.org
http://www.kde-
look.org/content/show.php/QuickLauncher+Applet?content=78061&PHPSESSID=180e7efbb6d4fb4faa7fa6cc5299a04f

Another method:
click to kickoff applet, find your desirable application - left click on it
and try third menu item (somehow "place it on panel"), then you can move it in
configuration mode like any other applets.