[kde-linux] kdebase-runtime 4.1 compilation minor issue

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 09:58:58 UTC 2008

2008/7/31 Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com>

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 02:34:22 -0300
> Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:21:07 +0000
> > Beso <givemesugarr at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > i think that your problem i gcc 4.3.1. i've had some issues with trunk
> kde4
> >
> >       Yes, you're right. Take a look at this:
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html
>
>         And do you know to whom I can report this compilation issue? I
> tried to use the bugtrack system, but I was told to use the
> mailing-list. Could I contact directly the phonon maintainer?
> Matthias Kretz ?
>
>        I can't find his e-mail... :(

mailing-list != from personal email of phonon mantainer.

if you post into the kde4 list or the kde4-phonon (i don't know if the lists
are named like this so you'll need to control into the
kde.orgmailing-lists) you'll receive an answer. maybe it wouldn't be a
quick one
since they don't really work every single moment just to fix the stuff we
bring them up.
if you are able to build phonon with gcc 4.2.x then the bug isn't blocker
(since gcc 4.3.1 for what i know is still considered somehow experimental
due to all the abi changes) and i think that will be carried out in the
future releases and in trunk. also k3b has a big problem working with latest
releases of ffmpeg which has changed the include dirs. some time ago k3b
included a fix in the cmake build file with fixed this but after some time
it has been removed and now it doesn't currently build on the new ffmpeg
include dirs and this is really annoying, but still i don't know if it has
been fixed into the 4.1 release.

--
dott. ing. beso