[kde-linux] re; trouble with network-manager

Charlie Bradley cfbradleyiii at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 23:21:53 UTC 2008

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:11:45 +0200
> From: Esben Mose Hansen <kde at mosehansen.dk>
> Subject: Re: [kde-linux] trouble with knetwork-manager
> To: For people using KDE on Linux with related questions/problems
> 	<kde-linux at kde.org>
>
> On Wednesday April 23 2008 17:47:15 Charlie Bradley wrote:
> > I installed kubuntu on a friends laptop yesterday.  The network-manager
> > was working fine all through the install and the upgrade.  Now after
> > upgrade it nolonger connects to my wireless modem.   It does see the
> > network however. Error:
> > Connection failure
> > could not connect to network ACTIONTEC
>
> What does iwconfig and ifconfig say?
>
> --
> regards, Esben
>

> ------------------------------
I figured it out.  I copied my etc/network/interfaces file from my desktop to
the laptop and everything worked again.  One problem I noticed though is if I
manually edit the network through K>systemsettings>networksettings the
interfaces file changes and then the wireless disappears.
here is my interfaces file:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
address 127.0.0.1