[kde-linux] auto-complete in kmail

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Apr 24 11:12:38 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> When I start typing an address in the To box in a kmail message, a list of
> names that match the pattern I am typing appears.  Where is that list
> stored and is it possible to edit it?

The autocompletion is fed by two sources:
- recent addresses
- email addresses from your addressbook

the recent addresses list is stored in KMail's configuration file kmailrc,
section General, key "Recent Addresses"

E.g.
kreadconfig --file kmailrc --group General --key "Recent Addresses"

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring