[kde-linux] Konq Error "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly"

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Apr 22 10:39:40 UTC 2008

Jim Hitch wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use multiple profiles in Konq to open pdfs in several tabs (as a language
> trainer I have text books as pdfs that I use with different clients), and
> when I open some of the profiles (the older ones generally), I get this
> error:
>
> "The process for the file protocol died unexpectedly."
>
> The error pops up each time for each of the tabs that are giving the error. I
> need to OK each of the errors, and then can continue as normal, so it's not
> serious.
>
> Any ideas as to how to get rid of this? It's happened for both 3.5.8 & 3.5.9

I really hate it when that happens. :-)

I occasionally have this problem with some of the tabs in a profile with
a lot of tabs.  However, I don't remember whether or not I got an error
box.  I wonder if it is possible that there is something that isn't
really 100% thread safe that only fails under a large load.  Sorry that
I don't have a definite answer.

--
JRT