[kde-linux] WAR files and KDE-3.5.9+

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Apr 22 08:05:22 UTC 2008

I appear to have broken KDE again and this seems to be an issue that
also needs to be addressed by development.

When I click a WAR file icon I get this error message:

There appears to be a configuration error.  You
have associated Konqueror with application/x-webarchive, but it cannot
handle this file type.

:-(

Yes this is a configuration problem since it works correctly in a test
user.  Checking file associations and it seems to be correct -- it
should be associated with Konqueror -- and it is the same as the test user.

So, I tried opening with the command line:

	kfmclient openURL <file> <MIME-type>

and that doesn't work either.

It used to work and I don't think that I have changed anything.

--
JRT