[kde-linux] how to prevent prevent screen locking?

Jim Hitch jim.hitch at englishlanguageservices.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 06:46:39 UTC 2008

On Saturday 19 Apr 2008, Francisco Borges wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Every time I close the lid of my laptop, KDE (3.5.9) locks the screen.
>
> How can I prevent locking from **ever** occurring without an explicit
> request?
>
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> Cheers!

Right click on the Power Manager (battery icon) on your task bar (often found
at the bottom right in KDE) and select Restore. At the bottom of that
dialogue in the 'When Laptop Lid Closed' select 'Do Nothing'.

If you want to suspend on the lid closing check that option but deselect 'Lock
screen on resume' in the 'general settings' at the top of the same dialogue.

Hope this helps.

Jim