[kde-linux] Context menu freeze

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 19 09:52:01 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 Sep 2007, Lukasz Klekot wrote:
> gpgkeys: key A75E3346952D94A1 not found on keyserver
> Hi,
>
> i have a problem with the context menu under kde. Every time i use the
> right mouse button to open a context menu in my kde environment, the
> focused application freezes. e.g. the whole desktop or konqueror.

That sounds to me like a device driver fault - the wrong driver for your
mouse.  Which distro do you use?  Does it have a tool for configuring
peripherals?  If not, the setting is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, where you should
find a section similar to

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"