[kde-linux] Character encoding problem in KDE (from Hellmut Weber)

LM-pro-- ludovicmarchetti at web.de
Wed Sep 12 16:26:11 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

Yes, Herr Weber, I easily believe that you have very similar problems as
I have... (I speak and write German myself as you may have guessed, and
have problems with files with German names; and also with the
transcription of some file _contents_ - but the latter might be another
problem altogether...).

What I wanted to ask you now is what you mean by "Sticking with
ASCII-127". Do you mean that I have to select a certain character set
somewhere in KDE (configuration center or elsewhere) or even in Debian
(if you use it, that is) or should I simply avoid using certain
characters (like "ΓΌ" or  I actually have consistently avoided blanks - I
use underscores) or do I have to change my keyboard?

I might try the suggestion of alainm (kde-linux Digest, Vol 54, Issue
10) at some stage.

Thanks for your answer

ludo