[kde-linux] Global settings

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:43:06 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 05 Sep 2007, Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 05 September 2007 17:03 schrieben Sie:
> > Someone on the Mandriva list is asking where the global *rc files can be
> > found.  He particularly wants to find the default window size in kwrite.
> > I've looked under the user settings, and I've looked at /etc/kde, but I
> > can't find that particular information.  Help, please?
>
> default rc files should be somewhere under
> $KDEDIR/.../default/share/config/ - I can see mine in
> /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/

$KDEDIR does not appear to be set in Mandriva.  There are config files
in /etc/kde but no kwriterc, and of course there is
~/.kde/share/config/kwriterc but that doesn't appear to set window size.
Another reader of the list told him to use right-click on the window
title-bar, from where he should be able to set the window size.  Apparently
that works, too.  However, it's not self-evident.  I would have expected it
to be in an rc file.