[kde-linux] POP Filters

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Oct 17 18:19:17 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 20:12 schrieben Sie:
> > > Running SuSE 10.2 Kmail 1.9.5 KDE 3.5.5.  I don't seem to be able
> > > to get "POP filters" to work.  My mail server running "Spam
> > > Assassin" tags the spam with "X-Spam-Flag = Yes".   But POP filter
> > > doesn't seem to delete them from the server,  they get downloaded
> > > and caught by  "Filter Rules"  which correctly puts them in the
> > > wasetbin.
> > >
> > > Is it me or doesn't POP filters work like I expect it to !  ie read
> > > the headers and delete them from the server as instructed.
> > >
> > > Thanks:
>
> I could be wrong,

I'm relative sure, you are :)
- as I understand the OP, there is already spamassassin running at his ISP's mailserver, tagging suspect emails
with "X-Spam-Flag = Yes" _before_ something else happens.
so he could set up a pop filter which just looks at this to decide to delete mails on the server.
which doesn't seem to work.

werner