[kde-linux] some of KDE-3.5 won't do JPEGs

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Oct 7 22:35:20 UTC 2007

My motherboard died so I have upgraded from a K6 III to a Athlon.

I rebuilt KDE and Qt for the new architecture and now some of the apps
won't render JPEGs.

I have checked and I have the file:

	$QTDIR/plugins/imageformats/libqjpeg.so

and it was recompiled.  Removed it and did it again to make sure.

The specific problems are that: KView (and the kparts for it) and KPat
won't render JPEG files.  Other apps, specifically GwenView, work OK.

Any ideas?  Note that this does not seem to be the problem that I get
many Google hits for.

--
JRT