[kde-linux] Help! Kubuntu Feisty system will no longer boot into KDE.

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 5 21:49:31 UTC 2007

I made the mistake of unnecessarily logging out of KDE.  Now the system
will not run kdm and start KDE.  The system stops at the end of running
rc.local where my message says 'startx completed successfully'.  The
only way to get KDE running is to open a console at F1 and run startx.

The normal operation is that KDM is started, I log in as user, then KDE
starts.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get the system back to running kde so
I can log in with KDM and then start KDE normally?

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux