[kde-linux] Context menu freeze

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 1 07:12:00 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 Sep 2007, Lukasz Klekot wrote:
> gpgkeys: key A75E3346952D94A1 not found on keyserver
> I also forgot to say that only kde applications are affected by this
> problem. Firefox or Netbeans are working fine.

I assume that you didn't find an answer to this.  I emailed a contact at
kde.org, but he was away at the time.  I now have an answer from him:

<quote>
In case you didn't find a solution yet, my take is; the problem is almost
certainly nothing to do with the user's xorg settings but is more likely to
do with some code or command getting run to create the context menu.  strace
the application that freezes and see what it is trying to do.  I suspect it
is making a dcop call that is not being answered.
</quote>

I don't know whether that helps you, or whether you have given up and
reinstalled.