[kde-linux] Why is KMail so bad with GMail IMAP?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Nov 25 14:11:58 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Jim Philips wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 November 2007, Jim Philips wrote:
> >> Authentication can't be the problem. For one, I can view individual
> >> folders where the mail has been tagged. All untagged mail is in the
> >> inbox and that's what never appears. I followed instructions to the
> >> letter regarding SSL for the IMAP account. I then checked it using the
> >> "check what the serfver supports" function in KMail's settings dialog.
> >
> > Can you try with the KMail account type "disconnected IMAP" (cached
> > IMAP)?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> That makes it a little bit worse. It retrieves my folder list, but I
> can't see anything that's in them...not even the folders that were
> visible under the other setting.

Hmm. Ok thanks for trying.
I recommend you ask on the kdepim-users mailinglist, some of the PIM
developers are subscribed there and might have some input.

I also recommend starting with a new posting, not replying to a posting in an
unrelated thread.
Posting into an unrelated thread (often referred to as thread-hijacking)
decreased the chance of your posting being read, since other subscribers
might have the other thread marked as "ignore".

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring