[kde-linux] Starting up KDE hangs with a black desktop and movable mouse cursor.

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 09:08:50 UTC 2007

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2007, david wrote:
>> Kevin Krammer wrote:

>>> Check the solutions proposed here_
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=452053
>> Thanks, Kevin, but no cheers for me yet.
>
> Hmm. Did you try with a new user account?

Here's the results with a new user account. It generated a
.xsession-errors file containing.

startkde: Starting up...
Hangup
GOT SIGHUP
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
Error: Can't open display: :0
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
ksmserver: cannot connect to X server :0
ERROR: Couldn't attach to DCOP server!
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
xprop:  unable to open display ':0'
startkde: Done.