[kde-linux] kcron

Rod Butcher rbutcher at hyenainternet.com
Sat Nov 17 12:21:12 UTC 2007

Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Since installing kde 3.5.8 with kubuntu gutsy, I can't get kcron to execute
> any scheduled tasks.  Some are run as root and some as a normal user, but
> none execute.
>
> Any ideas what's going on or how to fix?
One problem I had was that the normal terminal environment (i.e. with
default ../bin) didn't seem to be set up.. so that if I set it to run
xyz it wouldn't run, even though /usr/bin was in my default environment,
and /usr/bin/xyz existed. My fix was to set it to execute /usr/bin/xyz.
Dunno if this is connected..
Rod