[kde-linux] Transparency and "Neffscape"

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Nov 15 20:04:21 UTC 2007

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 15 November 2007 14:19:14 giuseppe gran wrote:
>>> What effect?
>> The trasparency of the application (and K Menu) panel, like in windows
>> vista... do you know if KDE's developers are including this effect?
>
> Wouldn't know anything about 'in Vista', but I did use some transparency (in
> KDE 3.5) which I think was set by kcontrol > Desktop > Window Behavior >
> Translucency.  I quickly switched it off, though, as it seemed to use a fair
> amount of resources.

I wouldn't know about it in Vista, either, but I've seen it in KDE
before and really hate it. It makes screens much harder to read and
really slows down the system. (At least for us folk who don't have the
kinds of graphics hardware that wastrels such as Vista seem to demand.)
I turn off such eye candy! So I sincerely hope that they're not wasting
developer time on such things and instead dealing with real issues.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community