[kde-linux] xsession-errors 24Gb

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Nov 10 16:52:57 UTC 2007

On Sat November 10 2007 10:51 am, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Well, it is useful if you get into a bug situation and want to find out
> what happend. But I guess in such a case it might be easier to activate the
> output then and replicate the bug.
> They are definitely not necessary in order for the applications to work.

I reinstalled every app that had ssl in the name. when I did that, using
aptitude reinstall, I got this error, which tells me the process owned by
root can't open a window in the current display?
------------------------
Xlib: No protocol specified

frontend: cannot connect to X server :0.0
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Kde
debconf: (DISPLAY problem?)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Dialog
addgroup:

this also happens when I try to start firestarter from the command line:
# firestarter
Xlib: No protocol specified

(firestarter:6391): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
paulandcilla:/etc/cron.daily#

is there some magic file I can change to make this issue go away??

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800